At Mediarex we are a global sports & entertainment organization with a vision to disrupt the booming Esports industry, now the largest entertainment vertical in the world.
Through blockchain technology, we want to revolutionize the Esports landscape by improving fan engagement, transforming the industry’s 380 million fans, from passive spectators into active participants who democratically control the competitive scenery they love to follow.
Our team of extraordinary people are the driving force behind our success. We’re a diverse, creative and innovative group of individuals who like to think (and work) outside the box.
chiliZ is our blockchain-based fan crowd-management environment for Esports teams, events, leagues & game titles. A platform where Esports fans will be able to take part in the management of their teams via voting rights acquired through a utility token known as chiliZ ($CHZ).
Socios powered by the chiliZ fintech platform & $CHZ token will offer to fans the opportunity to buy, trade & execute voting or ‘crowd managers’ rights in their favorite football teams. Connecting 4 billion football fans worldwide with the thousands of different UEFA clubs & professional football teams they root for.
The chiliZ Blockchain Campus will house world-leading exchanges, crypto-friendly European banks, leading blockchain media groups, service providers including recruitment services and some of the largest Asian crypto funds in a unique cluster in order to grow the the ecosystem locally and globally.
Due to continued growth we’re now looking to recruit a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Product Owner to guide the development of our chiliZ Platform.
As a PO you will develop and maintain a vision for the product from the customers, users and stakeholders’ point of view. Responsible for communicating that vision to the Scrum team, you will also be in charge for the product and product features from conception to fruition. Working closely with product marketing and development teams too, you will ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release.
The PO is responsible for the design, usability, quality and delivery of a product or feature, and as the key decision maker of priorities, design, and works, you will ensure that all stakeholders are aligned to each stage of the development lifecycle.
Finally, you understand both the engineering and business side of the product release and ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs.
- As emphasised in the Agile manifesto, the Product Owner must master the “art of simplicity and prioritization” to optimize the per hour spent on each of the user-story by a Scrum team and minimize the amount of work not done.
- Able to introduce cutting-edge features of products.
- Well aware of the phases of development.
- Capable to share and communicate feedback effectively leading the team to a successful path.
- Full understanding of Agile methodology, with the capability to implement changes in a timely manner.
- Must attend Team-Agile rituals from Sprint planning or daily Scrum to Refinement and Retrospective meetings.
- Without any business level decision authority, the PO can still decide on how a certain requirement will be implemented and delivered.
- Product owner’s duty is to facilitate and make achievable go-to-market goals done at marketing or sales level.
- Collaborate with Marketing team and Technical lead to translate business requirements into user stories, that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint, for the development teams to implement.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development team.
- Make sure to gather all the materials required by development team to proceed (wireframes/designs/assets/documentation) from the different stakeholders and to deliver those along with specifications.
- Maintains the Product Backlog due to the on-going nature of the job.
- Work with Marketing team and Technical lead to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories and epics to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Inspire and motivate the development team to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Ensure that the development team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on.
- Must continuously engage the customer and stakeholders to ensure the Team is building the right product and therefore delivering the ROI expected.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product.
- Look out for market trends and get feedback from stakeholders or customers.
- Developing and adapting the product vision.
- Writing new user stories.
- Splitting user stories which are too big.
- Specifying acceptance criteria for each user story.
- Ordering the product backlog.
- Doing release planning.
- Refining the product backlog.
- Observing, learning about and analyzing the market.
- Keeping in touch with every stakeholder of the product regularly.
- Deciding what to build and what not.
- Giving feedback to the development team.
- Participating in Scrum meetings.
- Helping the team to continuously improve their process.
- Continuing to learn about everything Agile.
- Playing with the product.
- Measuring progress.
Requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 3 year.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Attention to details.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of a team of innovators and creators, please send your CV to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@mediarex.com